Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Chicken : 1 lb ( boneless)
Coriander seeds : 2 Tbspn
Cloves : 8
Cinnamon : 2" piece
Cardamom : 3
Poppy seeds ( dry fried) : 1 tspn
Garlic : 10 pods
Ginger : equal quantity of garlic
Water : 1 small glass
Turmeric : 1/4 tspn
Salt : 1/4 tspn
Oil : 100ml
Salt : 5 tspn
Paprika : 12 tspn
Mustard Powder : 2 tspn
Fenugreek powder : 1/2 tspn
Lemon : 5
Ingredients for tadka :-
Oil : 100 ml
Dry red chillies : 4
Cumin seeds : 1 tspn
Mustard or vaminta seeds : 1/2 tspn
Curry leaves : 1 sprig
Asafoetida : 1/8 tspn
- Clean and cut chicken into small pieces.
- Heat a glass of water and bring it to boil . When it comes to boiling point add 1/4 tspn salt and 1/4 tspn turmeric . Add chicken pieces slowly and cook it till done and strain it.
- Dry the chicken pieces on a paper towel for 15 mins.
- In mean time grind coriander seeds , cloves , cardamom , cinnamon and dry fried poppy seeds to a fine powder.
- In second round add ginger and garlic pieces and grind again.
- Now heat a pan add 100 ml of oil and fry boiled chicken pieces till golden brown.
- Now to the fried chicken add grinded paste and fry for 3 mins and switch off stove.
- Take a dry bowl and add salt , paprika , mustard powder and fenugreek powder and mix nicely. Pour these spices on top of chicken and mix nicely.
- Take a bowl and squeeze juice of 5 lemon .
- Once the chicken is cooled add this lemon juice and mix nicely.
- Now heat a sauce pan add 100ml of oil and make tadka by adding dry red chillies , cumin , mustard and asafoetida. Switch off stove and carefully add curry leaves . let this tadka cool completely.
- Add this tadka to chicken and mix nicely.
- Transfer it to a dry storage container. You can sere after a day .
- Serve it with hot rice.
Labels: CHICKEN RECIPES