Wednesday, August 25, 2010
- Heat a pan and add 1 tspn oil , add toor dal , cumin seeds , dry red chillies and fry on medium flame till dal turns its color and then switch off stove. Add coconut , garlic pieces and enough salt. Let this cool.
- Soak tamarind.
- Grind fried items and tamarind with little amount of water.
- Put talimpu with the above listed ingredients and mix with chutney.
- serve it with hot rice and ghee.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
- Chop tomatoes and grind them with tomato paste and chilly powder. Put this aside.
- Wash basmati rice and soak for 15 mins. Heat a pan add oil , add whole garam masalas , curry leaves , ginger garlic paste and add water. Add salt and mint leaves and let this boil.
- Add lemon juice and strained rice and cook till done and switch off stove. Do not remove lid for 5 mins and later cool the cooked rice.
- Heat a pan add oil , ghee , whole garam masalas , green chillies and curry leaves and fry till done.
- Add sliced onions and fry till they turn lite brown and then add ginger garlic paste.
- Add green peas and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add grinded tomato puree , 2 tspns salt , garam masala powder , coriander powder and mix nicely and fry till tomatoes mixture oozes oil.Add 1 tspn lemon juice and coriander leaves .
- Add cooked rice and mix gently. Fry till done.
- Serve hot with spicy baby potato curry , onions and lemon wedges.
Labels: RICE DISHES
- Boil potatoes and peel the skin.
- Take a small bowl and add tomato paste and water and mix it with out lumps. To this add curd , coriander powder, fennel powder, chilly powder, chicken masala, Garam masala powder. Mix all nicely.
- Heat a pan add oil , add cumin and whole garam masalas and fry till done.
- Add green chillies, curry leaves and onions. Fry till onion turns lite brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute and add boiled potatoes and toss the pan by holding its handle. Do not mix with laddle.
- Reduce the flame of stove and slowly add tomato mixture and add enough water. Add enough salt.
- Let this boil fully.
- switch off stove and add coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with any rice item .
Labels: MASALA GRAVY
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
- First pluck gongura leaves from the stalks , wash them , chop them and dry them .
- Heat a pan add oil , when hot add dry red chilly, urad dal, chana dal, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, crushed or chopped garlic, green chillies, curry leaves and fenugreek powder.
- Add chopped onions and add pinch of salt. Cook till onions turn lite brown.
- Add chopped gongura and fry till they turn their color.
- Add salt, chilly powder, turmeric and coriander powder. Fry till oil oozes out and switch off stove.
- Serve with hot rice and ghee.
Sunday, April 25, 2010
- Wash fillets under cold running water and pat them dry with paper towel.
- Take a small bowl and add all spices like salt , chilly powder , coriander powder , turmeric, cumin powder and garam masala powder . Mix all spices nicely . Crush ginger , garlic and 1 small green chilly and add it to spices . Chop 1 sprig of curry leaves and coriander leaves finely and add it to the spices . Add lemon juice and 1 tspn oil and mix nicely.
- Apply this paste to fillets on both sides and take 2 spoons of all purpose flour and sprinkle on both sides of fillets and pat it with fingers . Marinate this for 15 minutes.
- Heat a pan add 2 tspns oil and when hot add 1 sprig of curry leaves and put fillets and add vertically chopped onion . When it is done on one side carefully flip it on other side .
- When it is done on other side just switch off stove .
- Transfer the fillets on to a plate and squeeze lemon juice allover and serve hot with hot rice .
- Goes excellent as a side dish for sambar or dal.
Friday, April 23, 2010
This pickle is very famous in Telangana region of Andhra pradesh . It has got different names such as 'Allam kaya' , 'Allam avakaya' ... . I truely love this pickle , love to have this with hot hot rice and a drop of ghee . This pickle is very easy to make and have a shelf life of 1 year.
- Take 1 big mango , wash it and dry it with paper towel.
- Chop mango into big pieces .
- Make ginger garlic paste .
- Heat a pan add 8 tbspns of oil and when hot add cumin and vaminta seeds ( they look like small mustard seeds and are very crunchy ) . Add ginger garlic paste and spread it with spoon and after a minute switch off stove . Let this cool.
- Add tadka to mango pieces and mix nicely.
- Take a bowl and mix salt , chilly powder , mustard powder and fenugreek powder.
- Add the spice mix to mango pieces and mix nicely.
- Cover it and put the bowl in a dry place for 48 hours .
- After 48 hrs the pickle looks like this , dont think it is full of oil it is the liquid from mango and we call it as 'voota' . Now with a dry spoon mix the pickle nicely .
- Transfer the contents to a glass jar or bottle.