Sunday, April 25, 2010
Fish fillets : 2 ( I used tilapia)
Salt : 1/2 tspn
Chilly powder : 1/4 tspn
Turmeric : 1/8 tspn
Coriander powder : 1/4 tspn
Cumin powder : 1/4 tspn
Garam masala powder : 1/4 tspn
Curry leaves : 2 sprigs
Coriander leaves : 5 sprigs
lemon juice : Juice of 1/4 lemon
Oil : 1 tbspn
Onion : 1/2
Ginger garlic and chilly paste : 1/2 tspn
- Wash fillets under cold running water and pat them dry with paper towel.
- Take a small bowl and add all spices like salt , chilly powder , coriander powder , turmeric, cumin powder and garam masala powder . Mix all spices nicely . Crush ginger , garlic and 1 small green chilly and add it to spices . Chop 1 sprig of curry leaves and coriander leaves finely and add it to the spices . Add lemon juice and 1 tspn oil and mix nicely.
- Apply this paste to fillets on both sides and take 2 spoons of all purpose flour and sprinkle on both sides of fillets and pat it with fingers . Marinate this for 15 minutes.
- Heat a pan add 2 tspns oil and when hot add 1 sprig of curry leaves and put fillets and add vertically chopped onion . When it is done on one side carefully flip it on other side .
- When it is done on other side just switch off stove .
- Transfer the fillets on to a plate and squeeze lemon juice allover and serve hot with hot rice .
- Goes excellent as a side dish for sambar or dal.