Thursday, December 24, 2009
Serves : 2Ingredients :-
Long brinjals : 2
Garlic pods :3
Curry leaves : 1 sprig
Oil : 2 tbspns
Salt : 1/2tspn
Ingredients for stuffing :-
Urad dal : 6tspns
Chana dal / bengal gram : 6 tspns
coriander seeds : 3 tspns
Dry red chillies : 10
Garlic pods : 2
Dry coconut powder : 2 tbspns
Salt : 1 tspn
- Take 2 long brinjals , wash them and dry them. If u are using indian long brinjals u need atleast 10 brinjals.
- Heat a frying pan and add 2 tspns oil and when hot add urad dal , chana dal and dry red chillies and fry till they turn golden colour. Then add coriander seeds , chopped garlic pods and fry for 2 mins and switch off stove and immediately add dry coconut and fry it when the pan is still hot. Let them cool.
- Grind to a fine powder by adding 1 tspn salt.
- Now cut brinjals into 3 inch size pieces horizontally and put 2 cross slits on them. Put the slits til half the length. Put them in salted water.
- Now take a bowl and take 1/2 of the grinded powder to this add 2 tspns oil and mix it . Adding oil in powder makes easy to stuff and it enables to cook inside. Stuff this powder in brinjals.
- Put them in a microwave safe bowl like pyrex and add 1tspn oil and gently mix them .
- Microwave them for 8 minutes . 4 minutes on one side then take out bowl and turn brinjals to other side and microwave for 4 mins . Take the bowl once it is done.
- Heat a pan add 1 tbspn oil and add 3 crushed garlic pods and curry leaves and immediately add microwaved brinjals and add 1/2 tspn salt and mix them good . Fry them till they are done. Be careful while stirring them they will be very sensitive since they are already cooked.
- Serve them with hot rice and ghee . Goes good as a side dish for sambhar and dal curries . I even love it with curd rice.
Note :- U can preserve the remaining powder in a airtight container and store it in refrigerator. You can use this same powder to make various frys . Just wait i will show them in upcoming posts.
Labels: DEEP FRIED VEGGIES