Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Posted by MY WORLD OF RECIPES at 2:26 PM
Carrots : 2
Lemon : 1/2
Salt : 1/2 tspn
Coriander leaves : 3 sprigs
Oil : 1 Tbspn
Dry red chillies : 2
Garlic : 1 big pod
Green chillies : 3
Cumin seeds : 1/4 tspn
Mustard seeds: 1/4 tspn
Curry leaves : 1 sprig
- Take 2 big carrots and peel its skin.
- Grate carrot using the big wholes of the grater.
- To the grated carrot add salt and squeeze juice of lemon (plz use fresh lemon and dont use bottled lemon juice) and mix nicely.
- Finely chop coriander leaves and add it to the grated carrot .
- Heat a pan add oil and make talimpu by adding dry red chillies , cumin and mustard seeds . Next add finely chopped green chillies and crushed garlic and fry till done. Add curry leaves and once they turn crisp switch off stove and add this talimpu to grated carrot and mix nicely.
- Serve this with rice or rotis.