Tuesday, July 21, 2009
- Clean 1 lb of boneless chicken ( i like to use breast piece) and cut into small pieces.
- In a big bowl take 1/2 cup of thick curd that is strained either in a muslin cloth or tea strainer . See that there is very less moisture content in the curd.
- To this curd add 1 &1/4 tspn salt , 3/4 tspn chilly powder , 1 tspn tandoori masala , 1 tspn kasoori methi powder , 1/2 tspn coriander powder , 1/4 tspn garam masala powder , big pinch of red food colour , 1 tspn of ginger garlic paste and squeeze in juice of 1/2 a big lemon . Mix all nicely and add 2 tspns of oil in it . Make it like a thick paste , donot add water at all.
- To this mixture add cleaned chicken and mix gently .
- Next add onion cubes/chunks and mix it .( u can add cubes of bell peppers and tomatoes but personally i dont like them so i didnot include)
- Marinate this in refrigerator for 8hrs . Normally if i want to do tikkas in the evening then i will marinate in the morning .
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 2 hrs.
- Now when u want to start making tikka take out the bowl from fridge and start skewing . For that take skewer pierce a piece of chicken , next onion , next chicken piece like that skew them alternately .
- Put this skewers on a oven safe tray and brush the skewers with oil on top side . ( Put the skewers like how i did so that all the juices while baking will fall directly on the tray leaving tikkas dry if not they will become soggy )
- Preheat oven @ 500 degree F and then put this in oven in the bottom rack.
- After 15 mins pull out the tray carefully wearing ur glouses and reverse the skewers ( sometimes when u r trying to reverse skewers they may not get reversed because the cooked side becomes lite and uncooked side is heavier ,if u get that situation then take 2 aluminium foil rolls and put skewers on them like i did and put them little closer then they will get reversed easily) , brush with oil this side and put it back in oven and now change the mode to BROIL . After 15 mins switch off the oven and after 2 mins takeout the tray .
- Squeeze lime juice on skewers and litely sprinkle chat masala on it and serve it hot to ur guest.
Labels: CHAT / SNACKS