Tuesday, June 30, 2009
- Chop 1 onion and 1 tomato .
- Heat a pan add 2 tspns oil and fry onions till they get golden brown. Add 1/4 tspn ginger garlic paste . Fry it for 2 mins.
- Add chopped tomato and fry till it turns mushy. Switch off stove and let this cool . Grind it to a paste by adding little water.
- Take a bowl , add 2tbspns of curd and make it like buttermilk . To this add 1/2 tspn salt , 1tspn chilly powder , 1/4 tspn turmeric , 1/2 tspn coriander powder , 2 tspns coconut powder or add 1/4 cup fresh coconut milk or 2tspns coconut paste. Mix all nicely and put it aside.
- Heat a pan add 1 tbspn oil , add 2 cloves , 2 litely opened cardamoms , 1" cinnamon stick, pinch of shajeera , 2 small bay leaves . Fry for a minute.
- Add grinded onion tomato paste , u can include some water. Fry this for 5 mins.
- Next add curd mixture and mix well . Now u should make it into pouring consistency /rasam consistency for that u can add either veg stock or chicken stock or plain water.
- Let this mixture boil for 15 minutes . Cook covered if not it may spill .
- Finally add 1/4 tspn home made garam masala powder and 1/4 tspn store brought chicken curry masala powder . Add few finely chopped coriander leaves. Let this boil for 5 more mins and then switch off stove .
- Serve this hot with biryanis /jeera rice / mattar chawal,............etc.
Labels: MASALA GRAVY