Tuesday, June 30, 2009
- Take 1 big cup of fresh curd.
- To this add 1 tspn salt or as per ur taste and add few finely chopped coriander leaves.Put it aside.
- Chop 15-20 medium size okras into 1" pieces .
- Heat a pan add 2 tspns oil and fry this okras uncovered till they are done. Switch off stove and let this cool .
- In mean time grind 3-4 green chillies, 1" ginger piece , 1 garlic pod(optional) in a pestle.
- Transfer fried okras into curd. (Do not add hot fried okras into curd , it may curdle . So first cool it and then add)
- Heat same pan add 2 tspns oil , add 2 broken dry red chillies , 1/2 tspn urad dal , 1/2 tspn cumin seeds , 1/2 tspn mustard seeds . Add grinded ginger mirchi mixture , add pinch of asafoetida/hing . Add few curry leaves and switch off stove . Let this cool.
- Add this talimpu/ tadka to curd and mix nicely .
- This goes good with white rice , kichidis , rotis.
- Note :-After an hour it may turn lite brownish , dont worry it is just becoz of oil in talimpu/tadka. Better to use it the same day or finish off by next day if refrigerated.