Wednesday, May 6, 2009
- Take 1 fresh & big eggplant /obergiene wash it and wipe it dry. Add 1/2tspn oil on eggplant and smear it allover.
- Put this in a aluminium tray and bake it in oven @ 400 degree F for an hour.
- Let this cool for 15 mins and then takeout the skin of it using ur hand and knife.
- U can mash it or else try to chop it .
- While eggplant is baking , in that time chop 1 big onion , 1 or 2 tomatoes , 5 small green chillies.
- Grind fresh ginger and garlic.
- Take 1/2 cup frozen green peas in a bowl and add water , microwave for 4 mins.
- Heat a pan add 2 tbspns oil , add 1/4 tspn cumin seeds , pinch of asafoetida /hing , add green chillies and freshly grounded ginger garlic paste . After they are fried add onions and pinch of salt . let onions fry nicely.
- Add tomatoes and fry till they turn mushy. Now add boiled green peas .
- Now its time to add all the spices. Add sufficient salt , chilly powder , 1/4 tspn turmeric , coriander powder , cumin powder , add 1/2 tspn kitchen king masala , 1/4 tspn garam masala , 1 tspn sugar. Mix all nicely.
- Add mashed/ chopped brinjal , add water of the boiled green peas. Give a good mix and fry till it is done.
- Finally add handful of coriander leaves, mix it and switch off stove . Add 1/2 the juice of a lemon. Mix nicely and serve with roti/ naan.