Wednesday, May 20, 2009
- Take 4 electric rice cooker cups of thick poha into a bowl . Add sufficient water mix it with hand and immediately drain water(no need to soak) . Tightly squeeze poha / atukulu with hand and put them in a bowl.
- To this add 1 tspn of salt and mix nicely .
- Slit 6 green chillies vertically.
- Heat a wide pan add 2 tbspns of oil . Add 2 tbspns of peanuts , 1 tspn urad dal , 2 dry red chillies , 1 tbspn chana dal , 1/2 tspn each mustard and cumin seeds . Add slitted green chillies , add hing/asafoetida . Add few curry leaves .
- When chillies are fried add 1/4 tspn turmeric and mix well . Add squeezed poha / atukulu . Fry nicely till they turn hot . Adjust salt . Add few sprigs of finely chopped coriander leaves . Switch off the stove .
- Immediately add juice of 1 lemon . Mix nicely and put lid .
- Serve after 5 mins and enjoy hot and tasty atukula pulihora.
Labels: BREAK FAST