Monday, April 20, 2009
- Take 40 tindoras and wash them. Wipe them with paper towel or dry cloth.
- Chop them vertically 6 or 8 pieces. Discard ripe tindoras .
- Heat a dry pan add 1tbspn oil and fry chopped tindoras till 3/4 th done and switchoff stove(fry uncovered). let this come to room temperature.
Pickle Masala :-
- In mean time take a dry bowl add 4tspns chilly powder , 4tspns salt , 1/4tspn turmeric , 1/2tspn fenugreek powder , 1/2 tspn cumin powder , 3 tspns mustard powder (dry fry 2 tspns mustard seeds and grind them into powder) , mix all nicely using a dry spoon . crush 2 garlic pods and mix nicely.
Talimpu / Tadka:-
- Heat a pan add 4tbspns oil , add 3 broken dry red chillies , 1/4 tspn mustard seeds , 1/4tspn cumin seeds , add 2 big garlic pods chopped finely , add hing/ asafoetida , add 1 strig of curry leaves and off the stove. Let this come to room temperature.
- Now in fried tindora add pickle masala and mix nicely.
- Take this tindora mix into a plastic bottle .
- Add talimpu /tadka into the bottle and squeeze juice of 1 lemon . Mix nicely.
- Store in freeze and this will be good for 15 days. Always use a dry spoon .This goes good with hot rice & ghee , curd rice.