Friday, April 10, 2009
- Take 5 chicken drumsticks and wash them. Drain the water completely.
- Put 3 -4 deep incesions on each drumstick where ever u find a thick mass of meat.
- Take a small bowl and mix in 1/2tspn chilly powder , 1/2tspn salt , pinch of garam masala powder , 1/4 tspn coriander powder and juice of 1/2 lemon. Make as a paste . Rub this paste on the incesions.
- Now take a big bowl add 1/2 cup thick curd , 1tspn salt , 1/2 tspn chilly powder , 1/2 tspn coriander powder , 1/4 tspn cumin powder , 1/2 tspn garam masala powder , 1tspn kasoori methi powder , 1/2 tspn pepper , 1 tbspn freshly ground gingergarlic paste , pinch of red food colour, juice of 1/2 lemon. Mix all nicely and dont add water at all. This paste should be very thick . Now add drumsticks in this marinade , mix well and add 2 tbspns oil and give a good mix . It would be better if u can marinate overnight.
- If u have a pan like this with a mesh standing on top of it this is the best thing to use becoz the juices fall on the tray leaving chicken dry . Otherwise u can use normal tray/pan like me.
- Now take a pan / aluminium tray , chop some vegetables like carrots , onions and arrange like a bed and on top put drumsticks.
- Preheat oven to 450 degree F and put the tray in down rack . After 15 mins takeout the tray drain the juices and reverse the drumsticks and put it back in oven and cook for 15 mins and switchoff oven and check whether drumsticks are cooked perfectly . If so takeout the tray from the oven.
- Heat a dosa pan add a tspn of oil and smear it. Fry chopped onions till half done and fry drumsticks on pan putting the flame on medium heat , while they r frying sprinkle lemon juice on it and sprinkle chat masala (optional).
- Take them into a plate , wrap them with aluminium foil and serve hot with fried onions.
Labels: CHAT / SNACKS