Tuesday, February 3, 2009
This is my mom's recipe . We just love it. After doing this u will only feel that making tomato soup is this easy . So frds stop buying ready made soup packets and start doing fresh and tasty tomato soup by yourself.
- Take 4 plum tomatoes and 1/2 of a medium onion .
- Chop them into big chunks and boil them in cooker for 4 whistles .
- When pressure goes off Takeout that bowl and let it cool .
- Grind onion tomato mixture in a blendor .
- Now add enough water(dont add too much) and strain in a vegetable strainer ( plz dont try to use a tea strainer).
- Now heat a pan add 2-3 tspns of ghee or a small stick of butter . Add pinch of garam masala , 1/4 tspn freshly grounded pepper , if u like u can add basil (optional) . Now add 1 & 1/2 tspn maida directly and stir it and see that no lumps are formed . When boils are coming add little amount ( appx 1/2 cup) of strained tomato extract . Mix nicely . If no lumps are formed add remaining tomato juice and let it boil. (If u add whole juice at a time bottom maida may form lumps)
- Season it with sufficient salt , pepper , 1/2 tspn sugar .
- Add 1/4 cup milk and stir . Add pinch of red food colour .
- When it boils fully and when u get required thick consistency switchoff and serve hot with fried bread pieces and fresh cream.