Tuesday, February 3, 2009
- Take 1 small cauliflower and cut it into small florets .
- Finely chop 1 big onion , 4 garlic pods , grate 2" ginger piece , spring onions , 4 small green chillies.
- Take a bowl add sufficient cornflour (nearly 1 & 1/2 cup) . To this add sufficient salt , chilly powder , pepper powder . Mix nicely .
- Next add sufficient water and make it like thick batter and now add 1/2 tspn ginger garlic paste , 2 tspns soya sauce , 2 tspn chilly garlic paste , little azinomoto (MSG) , pinch of red food colour . Mix nicely .
- Now add few florets in the batter that are sufficient for ur first trip of frying .
- Now deep fry these florets in hot oil in batches .
- Take them into a bowl .
- Now heat a pan add sesemam oil , fry finely chopped green chillies , garlic and ginger .
- Next add finely chopped onions . When they turn soft add pepper powder , azinomoto , 2 tbspns soya sauce , 1 tbspn sweet and sour sauce ( if this is not available add little sugar) , add 1tbspn tomato sauce , add 2 tspns chilly garlic paste , 1 tbspn vinegar . Mix all nicely and add corn starch ( 1/2 tbspn cornflour + 1/2cup water mixed together) . If u want to make more saucy or as a side dish for chinese fried rice/noodles then add vegetable stock and when it boils add cornstarch . When it turns little thick add fried gobi and chopped spring onions . Saute it nicely and serve hot.
- If u are inviting any guest and if u want to do this dish as starters then fry gobi in advance and put it aside . prepare this sauce in advance and put it aside ( u can add all sauces except corn starch) . When ur guest arrives then heat this sauce pan and then add cornstarch , fried gobi , spring onions . Saute it nicely and serve hot .
Note :- For preparing batter u can completely use cornflour or u can use 1/2 maida and 1/2 cornflour or u can prepare with full maida and 3 tbspns cornflour combination . So which ever u like u can follow that combination for preparing batter .
Labels: CHAT / SNACKS