Monday, February 9, 2009
One day i was talking to my cousin over the phone and in between she received another call from her frd asking for some recipe , i heard that and when she came back i asked her wat recipe it is? she told red bellpepper chutney . so i thought it was interesting and asked her the recipe and she told me . It was very simple with less ingredients . So first i thought it would not turn that good becoz the ingredients list is very small . But i gave a try with only 2 bellpeppers and anyway it turned great . I even had it with idly and dosa . It was good with them too .
- Take 2 red bell peppers . Wash them and chop them into pieces .
- Chop 5-6 green chillies .
- Heat a pan add 1/2 tspn oil and fry green chillies , 1 or 2 garlic pods and 3/4 tspn cumin seeds . Fry them nicely and switch off stove. Transfer them into a mixcy jar and add sufficient salt for whole chutney (appox 3/4 tspn) .
- Heat same pan and add 2 tspns oil . When it turns hot add chopped bell peppers . Fry them nicely till they are done . It may take 10 - 15 mins .
- Grind the ingredients in the mixcy container and when fried bell pepper cools transfer them into same mixcy container and grind nicely . Check the taste and adjust accordingly. Take the grinded chutney into a bowl.
- Heat a pan add 1 tbspn oil , add 1/2 tspn urad dal , 2 dry red chillies , 1/4 tspn each cumin and mustard seeds , add asafoetida , 2 sprigs of curry leaves . switchoff stove and add this talimpu to the grinded chutney . Mix nicely and serve with hot rice and ghee .
Note :- Red bellpepper has a tangy and sweetish taste so u dont need to add tamarind and as it is sweetish try to make ur chutney little more spicy .