Monday, February 9, 2009
Posted by MY WORLD OF RECIPES at 8:54 AM
- Take 1 electric rice cooker cup chickpea/ kabulichana , wash them and pour sufficient water and soak them overnight . (If u are in cold countries better to put the bowl of soaked chana in oven )
- In the morning add pinch of cooking soda and boil in cooker for5- 6 whistles . If u touch, it should press softly.
- Take 1/4 kg guvar /gorru chikkudulu / cluster beans wash them , cut their both ends and chop into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Boil this pieces nicely , u can either boil in microwave (6-7min) or boil in cooker while cooking rice or directly boil in hot water .
- Chop 1 onion and 2 green chillies.
- Heat a pan add 2 tbspns oil , when it turns hot add green chillies and after a minute add onions and brown them . Next add 1/4 tspn ginger garlic paste and fry till its rawness reduces.
- Next add boiled cluster beans . Fry nicely.
- After 5 mins add boiled and strained chickpea / kabulichana . Mix nicely.
- Now add sufficient salt , 1/4 tspn chilly powder , 1/4 tspn turmeric , 1/2 tspn coriander powder , 1tbspn dry descinated coconut & add 1 tspn chole masala (this gives the kick for this curry). Mix nicely and add 1/4 cup water (adding water saves the spices from burning and helps the spices to mix uniformly) . Fry till curry turns dry .
- Finally add few sprigs of finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.