Monday, February 9, 2009
I normally dont eat carrots if they are cooked, it is just because of the sweetish taste and its smell . So i tried this recipe and it was surprising that the outcome was excellent and it didnot gave the smell of carrot . So u can give a try for this dish when u want to make something hot hot in cool cool weather.
- Take 3 carrots , wash them and peelout their skin . Cut them into long pieces .
- To this chopped carrots add sufficient salt , 1/4 tspn chilly powder , 1/4 tspn coriander powder , 1/4 tspn azinomoto , 1 & 1/2 tspn soya sauce , 1/4 tspn ground pepper , 2 tspn chilly garlic paste and add 1/4tspn ginger garlic paste . Mix nicely.
- Next add 2 tablespoons curd . Mix all nicely and marinate for 1 hr .
- After 1hr has completed add pinch of red food colour in ur marinade . Mix nicely and add enough cornflour and besan flour ( 1:1 ratio). Dont add water at all . So u should add flours sufficient to the marinade .
- Deep fry carrot pieces as pakodis in medium hot oil.
- Take them into a paper towel .
- Now heat a pan add 1 tbspn oil , add finely chopped 3 big garlic pods , 3 vertically slitted greenchillies , 2 sprigs of curryleaves and then add fried carrots . Saute it nicely and serve hot .
Labels: CHAT / SNACKS