Wednesday, February 4, 2009
My hubby always like Gujrathi style chakli . when ever we goto indian stores the one item that always present in our cart is this chakli packet . So one day i asked my gujrathi neighbour to share her recipe . So according to her recipe i made this and surprised my hubby . So he felt very happy and completed whole chakli.
Andhra recipe of chakralu is very simple and very crispy . I love that recipe . i will show u it in another post .
- Take 2 cups of rice flour to this add 1/2cup of besan flour . Sieeve this together .
- To this add sufficient salt , chilly powder , 1/2tspn azwain /vaamu , 1tspn sesemam seeds . Mix all nicely . Check for the taste , if anything is less u can add.
- Melt small stick of butter . When u melt it should be appxo 1tbspn.
- Add melted butter and 2tbspns whey of sour curd to the flour(Whey means the water that floats on curd) . Mix nicely
- Add sufficient water make like a dough . Knead it for 2 mins .
- Take chakli maker, put dough inside .
- Make chakli directly in hot oil or else u can make round chakli on a greesed plastic sheet in advance and fry them in hot oil .
- Store fried chakli in airtight container and enjoy fresh chakli.
Labels: CHAT / SNACKS