Friday, February 6, 2009
- Take 2 medium capsicums , wash them and take out their stems .
- Cut them into long and wide pieces . Sprinkle little salt on them .
- Take 2 electric rice cooker cups of besan flour and seeive it . To this add 1/2 cup rice flour . Add 1 tspn salt , 1tspn chilly powder , 1/4 tspn cumin powder , 1/2 tspn coriander powder , lessthan 1/4 tspn cooking soda , 1/4 tspn garam masala powder . Mix all these dry ingredients nicely and check the taste . Next add 1/4 tspn ginger garlic paste and sufficient water . Make it like Bajji batter consistency . To this add 2 tspns hot oil and mix nicely.
- Dip capsicum pieces in this batter and deep fry in hot oil .
- Serve them hot with tomato sauce.
- Actually u dont need to add all spices . u can just add salt , chilly powder , cooking soda and hot oil . Am too crazy of spices , so i did inthat way .
- Whenever u do bajjis try to make batter with besan flour and rice flour in 4:1 ratio . Adding rice flour turns ur bajjis little crisp and helps ur bajjis to consume less oil .
- Adding 2 tspns hot oil in ur batter helps bajjis to turn crisp .
Labels: CHAT / SNACKS