Wednesday, January 7, 2009
- Take equal quantity of onions and fresh coconut pieces. If u want chutney to be more juicy/liquid add little more than equal onions compared to coconut pieces.
- Grind coconut pieces first .
- In second round add chopped raw onions , sufficient salt , chilly powder and grind just a second , i mean u need to grind it coarsely not like a paste .
- Transfer this contents into a bowl .
- Serve this with ghee and for me this is the best combo for dosa .
- There is another recipe called ' karam dosa' . For that just skip coconut in this recipe . U can apply same chutney on one side of dosa and they sprinkle roasted bengal gram powder on top of it . This is also a very excellent recipe .
- With this same chutney my mom makes brinjal fry (Vankaya ulli karam) by stuffing inside the brinjal . i will show u that recipe later . She even makes bittergourd fry (Kakarakaya ullikaram) with this chutney .