Wednesday, January 7, 2009
This is the authentic dish of Andhra . I can say that this is a telangana special dish . My mom while preparing dosa batter she prepares it little thick . After preparing dosa batter she will take sufficient amount of batter to make guntaponganalu in one bowl and the rest in other bowl . After fermentation she mixes sufficient water in the second bowl inorder to get dosa consistency for making dosas. With that thick batter we prepare guntaponganalu . This is one of our favourite tiffins. Even tamilians make similar dish called as 'Paniyaram'.
- Take thick dosa batter . To this add finely chopped raw onions , 3o mins presoaked chana dal , sufficient salt , chilly powder , finely chopped coriander leaves and curry leaves .
- Mix nicely and put aside for 15 mins.
- Take nonstick guntaponganalu / Paniyaram pan. Apply few drops of oil in all holes . Put this aside for 15 mins.
- After 15 mins has completed heat this pan . when it is hot add sufficient batter in all holes . Dont overload the batter. If u r trying to make big big ones then batter wont cook inside . So try to fill the batter till the level . Dont make a hill.
- Put lid on top of it . Put flame in medium heat .
- After 5 mins take 2 spoons and reverse each of them by balancing with that 2 spoons .
- Now again put lid and after 3-4 mins takeout the lid and check whether the batter inside is cooked .
- If they are done then transfer them into a bowl .
- Repeat the same process by adding little oil in all holes and pouring batter, etc,.
- Serve them hot with coconut chutney / peanut chutney.
Labels: BREAK FAST