Tuesday, December 9, 2008
- Take 3 round brinjals , wash them and chop them into pieces . Put them in saltwater . (Or) u can take 1 big brinjal , wash it and dry it, smear oil all around , put some cuts on them and bake it in oven @ 400 F.
- Soak blueberry size tamarind in little amount of water or microwave this bowl for 1 min .
- chop 10 small size green chillies ( adjust according to ur taste).
- Heat a pan add 1 tspn oil , when it turns hot add 1 tspn urad dal , 1/4 tspn cumin seeds and chopped green chillies . Fry till chillies turn whitish .
- Transfer these contents into a mixcy jar .
- In the same pan add 2 tspns oil , when it is hot add squeezed brinjal pieces . add 1/4 tspn salt and pinch of turmeric. (adding salt helps brinjals from turning bitter). Fry till brinjals are cooked . Switchoff stove and let it cool.
- In mean time grind the contents in mixcy jar .
- In next round add 1 garlic pod , tamarind extract , fried brinjals , sufficient salt for the chutney , few coriander leaves . Now grind this like coarse not like a paste .
- Transfer chutney into a bowl.
- Heat a pan add 1 tspn oil , next add 1/4 tspn urad dal , 1 broken dry red chilly , 1/4 tspn cumin seeds , 1/4 tspn mustard seeds , 1 small garlic pod crushed , sprinkle little asafoetida ,last but not least add few curry leaves . Switchoff the stove .
- Add this tadka to chutney and mix nicely . Serve with hot rice and ghee.