Monday, November 17, 2008
- Take 25 tindoras/ dondakayalu , wash them and cut them as cross mark vertically ( gutthi laga) till 3/4th.
- Take 3 tomatoes , add enough water to them and boil fully till outer skin peelsout by itself.
- When tomatoes r cooled peelout the skin and grind as a puree.
- Take 1 full garlic ball and peelout its skin and mash it finely . If u r using gaint size garlic (like US garlic) then u need to use 7-8 pods , if u r using Indian garlic u need 1 full garlic ball.
- Now take a wide mouth pan and add 3 tbspns oil . When it turns hot add tindoras and fry them till they are cooked perfectly.
- Take them into a bowl .
- In same oil fry crushed garlic till it turns lite golden brown colour .
- Next add 2 tspns chillypowder ( this will be really hot , so if u want it less spicy add only 1&1/2 tspn) , 1/4 tspn turmeric and 1&1/2 tspn salt. Mix nicely and fry for 3 mins.
- Now add fried tindoras / dondakayalu , put lid and after 5 mins take it out .
- Next add tomato puree . Mix it and fry it nicely till it turns dry . ( for that dont put lid and put flame in little high and stir periodically .)
- Hot & Spicy kunduru masala is ready to serve with rice.