Thursday, October 30, 2008
- Take 1 kg tomatoes , wash them and chop them into pieces . Take a bowl add chopped tomatoes , 1/2 tspn ginger garlic paste , 2 sprigs of curry leaves , 1/4 tspn fenugreek seeds , 1 tspn cumin powder . To this add 1& 1/2 glass water and put this bowl in cooker and boil it for 4 whistles.
- In mean time u need to do 4 tasks :
boil 3-4 eggs , ( optional )
chop 3 medium size onions ,
dry fry 1 tbspn sesemam seeds and powder them ,
similarly dry fry 2 tbspns basin flour ( senaga pindi/ chanadal flour) for 5 mins
- After tomatoes r boiled , cool the mixture and grind it to a smooth paste . ( dont add any extra water)
- Heat a pan add 4 tbspns oil , add chopped onions , fry them till golden and then add 1&1/2 tspn ginger garlic paste . Fry for 3 mins .
- Now add grinded tomato paste , add salt , 1/4 tspn turmeric , 1 tspn chilly powder , sesemam powder . Mix nicely.
- In fried basen flour add little amount of water and make as paste . Add this paste to tomato mixture and stir it . Boil it for 10 mins putting flame in low stirring now and then , add 5 sprigs of coriander leaves while boiling .
- In mean time heat a kadai and do seasoning by adding1 tbspn oil , add 8 dry red chillies , 1 tspn cumin seeds , 1/4 tspn fenugreek seeds , 1 tspn mustard seeds , 5 sprigs of curry leaves .
- Add above tadka to tomato curry and mix nicely .
- Cut each boiled egg into two vertical halves and neatly arrange them on curry and serve hot with rice / rotis.