Thursday, October 30, 2008
In our house there are 3 big mango trees . One is Pedda rasalu , one is banginpalli and other is kobbari mamidi . When summer comes its a big work for my servant maids to pluck all the mangoes , laying them in dried grass for making fruits and lastly distrubuting them to all our neighbours . My mom used to send them to our relatives in hyderabad . Writing this remembers all my childhood memories . Anyway in summer season my mom used to do this rasam / pappu charu . This is good for health as it cools our body temperatures in hot summer . Taking raw mango as it is, raises our body temp and when it is boiled and used ,it will decrease our body temp and keeps us cool.
- Take 1/4 - 1/2 raw mango ( depending upon its sourness) peelout its skin and chop it as pieces .
- Add little amount of water and pinch of salt to mango pieces and boil it in cooker for 4 whistles . If u r cooking rice in cooker u can just put this bowl on top of it .
- Boil 1 small tea glass toordal .
- After pressure goes either u can mash boiled mango pieces with hands or u can grind it in mixcy .
- Heat a kadai / bowl , add 2 tspns oil , when it is hot do seasoning by adding 1/4tspn urad dal , 2 slitted green chillies , 1/4tspn cumin seeds ,1/4tspn mustard seeds , 2 crushed garlic pods , 2 sprigs of curry leaves , pinch of asafoetida , pinch of methi powder .
- Add 1 glass water (250ml) . Add 1 tspn salt .
- Now u can add mashed / grinded boiled mango paste and boiled toordal . Mix nicely.
- Add pinch of turmeric , marble size jaggery .
- Allow it to boil fully .
- Now add coriander leaves and 1 tspn MTR rasam powder and boil it for 5 more minutes .
- Switchoff stove and serve hot with rice . Enjoy good meal .