Thursday, October 30, 2008
- For preparing idly batter normally i use wet grinder .
- Take 1 glass of urad dal in one bowl and 3 glasses of idly ravva in another bowl .
- Wash urad dal and pour enough water in it . In the same way pour enough water in idly ravva.( No need to wash ravva now itself)
- Soak them for 6-7 hrs .
- After 6-7 hrs drain water from urad dal bowl.
- Switchon ur grinder , add 1/2 glass water and then add strained urad dal.
- Let it grind for 20 mins ( Periodically add little amounts of water).
- In mean time throw away water from idly ravva and tightly squeeze it with both the hands and put it in a big container.
- After 20 mins add enough salt nearly 2tspns and grind for another 5 mins and switchoff.
- Now if u see ur batter should be smooth enough .
- Add ur grinded batter to ur squeezed idly rava and mix nicely.
- Ferment this batter for nearly 8 hrs/ overnight . If u r in cold regions ur batter may not ferment that easily , so u can put batter bowl in oven . It provides required warmth. No need to switch on .
- Just observe how nicely my batter got fermented ( quantity is raised ) . In the morning u can put it in refrigerator . It will be good for 3 days .
- Now ur idly batter is ready to do idlies .