Wednesday, October 1, 2008
- Take 1/2 glass of urad dal (1 glass =250ml) and wash them and pour sufficient water and put it aside .
- After 4 hrs strain the water and grind it . For this u can use grinder or mixcy . While grinding u can add small piece of ginger and few green chillies . In last round add salt and grind again. use very less amount of water for grinding .
- This time i grinded in grinder , taste was super but the problem is ,it needs little more water in grinder when compared to mixer to get a smooth batter . But we need to use as less water as possible. So i suggest to grind in mixcy.
- After taking batter into a bowl areate it with hand turning it clockwise continously for 5 mins . To check whether ur batter is good enough to get soft vadas, take a small lump of batter and put it in water . Batter should float up . This way u can justify ur batter. This point is applicable when u grind in mixcy . When u use grinder u dont need this.
- Take 1/2 lt of fresh curd and add little amount of water and make as buttermilk . To this add ginger -chilly paste and enough salt. (grind ginger piece and green chillies together).
- Heat a pan add 1tspn oil , when it turns hot add 1 tspn urad dal , 3 dry red chillies , 1/2 tspn cumin seeds , 1/2tspn mustard seeds and add few curry leaves . With this seasoning is completed . Add this seasoning to buttermilk and mix it nicely.
- Take a kadai add enough oil for deep frying and heat it . When oil turns hot make vadas putting a hole in center on plastic cover or on your palm and drop them in oil slowly. (if u r not getting vadas just drop them like mysore bajji model as i did ). u can fry 4 or 5 at a time . Fry them nicely and takeout into a plate .
- After 1 min drop vada into a water bowl . After 1 min squeeze it with ur hand and drop them in curd mixture.
- Repeat the same process for all the vadas.
- With this ur major job is completed . Now put this bowl in refrigerator and after 1 hour cool cool dahi vadas are ready to serve .
- For serving if u want to decorate u can do it with cumin powder , red chilly powder and few coriander leaves .
- Next time i will show u north-indian style dahi vada with imili chutney.
Labels: CHAT / SNACKS