Friday, October 17, 2008
- Take 4 or 5 small size capsicums , wash them and pat dry with a kitchen towel . Cut each capsicum into 2 horizontal halves .
- Heat a pan add 1 tspn oil in that fry 1 cup of onions , 3 green chillies and 1 tspn ginger garlic paste . When cooled grind it to a paste .
- Make 1 cup of tomato puree (fresh).
- Dry fry 1tbspn sesemam seeds and grind it .In next round add 1/2 cup curd and grind again to a smooth paste. With this prerequisites for preparing curry is completed.
- Now Heat a kadai pour 1cup oil . When it turns hot deep fry capsicums in small batches and take out into a plate . (be careful sometimes seeds may splutter)
- In the same oil add 1/2 bunch of fenugreek leaves ( methi leaves) , after a minute add grinded onion paste , after 2 mins add tomato puree , when oil separates out add sesemam-curd paste , add 1/2 tspn coriander powder , 1/2 tspn cumin powder , salt , chillypowder , turmeric and 1/4 tspn garam masala powder . Mix nicely .
- After 2 mins add fried capsicums and enough water to get ur required consistency.
- Fry this mixture nicely till oil separates . Next add 2 tspns pav-bajji masala powder and few strigs of coriander leaves . Mix it and after 5 mins switchoff stove . (pav -bajji masala is the main ingredient which gives kick to this dish).
- Serve hot this capsicum kofta curry with veg biryani / jeera rice . This goes really good with rotis .
Labels: MASALA GRAVY