Thursday, September 18, 2008
- Take 1 big bunch of amarnath leaves (thotakura) , either u can chop them till tender stems or u can pluck the leaves as i did .
- Wash them and dry them on a cloth till leaves dry fully.
- Take 1 sour raw mango . wash it and peel out its skin.
- chop it as pieces and grind it to a paste . (use a dry mixcy container)
- Heat a pan add oil . when it turns hot add dried amarnath leaves (thotakura).
- Fry it nicely till tender stems are cooked.
- Now add grinded mango paste and fry nicely till mango looses its rawness .
- Now add 4 tspns chilly powder ( i used 3 mangoes chilly powder) , 2 tspns salt ( i used tata salt) , 1/2 tspn fenugreek seeds powder , 1/4 tspn mustard seeds powder and 1/4 tspn turmeric.
- Mix nicely and switchoff stove after 5 mins i.e when oil separates .
- When it is completely cooled transfer it into a plastic bottle and preserve it in refrigerator.
- U can serve this pickle with hot rice and a drop of ghee only after 1 complete day .