Thursday, September 18, 2008
- Take 8 small size taro roots (arbi / chama dumpalu).
- wash them and boil them in cooker for 2 whistles .
- Peelout their skin and if possible take a fork and prik it allover.
- On peeled arbi add 1/2 tspn salt , 1 tspn chilly powder , 1/4 tspn turmeric , 1/2 tspn coriander powder , add 2tbspns besan flour (senaga pindi) , 1 tspn maida and 2 tspns cornflour , 1 finely chopped green chilly , add few drops of lemon juice . Mix nicely and add little water to make a paste like this.
- Heat a pan add 1tbspn oil , add 1 or 2 vertically slitted green chillies , 2 strigs of curry leaves .
- When they splutter add 1 finely chopped onion . Fry till golden and add 1tbspn grated fresh coconut . Fry nicely.
- Now add marinated arbi and roast them nicely for 10 mins till u get brownish colour. (dont stir them as soon as u add arbi)
- This goes good with rice as a fried item or as a side dish for sambar.
Labels: DEEP FRIED VEGGIES