Tuesday, September 16, 2008
- Take 1 big bunch of white sorrel leaves . Separate its leaves , wash them and dry them on a cloth .
- In mean time soak 3 lemon size tamarind in sufficient water for 20 mins and extract its juice .
- When leaves r dried u can start the process .
- Heat a pan add 2 tspns oil , When it turns hot add sorrel leaves and mix nicely .
- Let this fry nicely . When it is fried switch off the stove .
- Add 5 tspn chilly powder ( i used three mangoes pickles chilly powder ) , 2 & 1/2 tspns salt ( i used tatasalt ) , 1/4 tspn turmeric powder , 1/4 tspn fenugreek powder and 1/4 tspn mustard seeds powder on top of it .
- When this mixture gets completely cooled grind it in mixcy.
For Preparing Pulusu :-
- Take another pan add 2 tspns oil , do seasoning by adding 1/2 tspn urad dal , 1tspn bengal gram , 3 dry red chillies , 1/4 tspn fenugreek powder , add 1/4 tspn asafoetida.
- Now add tamarind extract and 1/4 tspn turmeric . Let this boil nicely and it should become thick . ( just like how we prepare pulusu for tamarind rice) . Switchoff the stove.
- After 5 mins add grinded sorrel leaves mixture in tamarind mixture and mix nicely.
- In a bowl heat 1/2 cup oil and switch off . When it is cooled add to gongura mixture and mix nicely .
- Transfer the contents to a air tight container / plastic bottle .
- It is better to store this pickle in freeze .
- This will be good for 1 month.
- If u r using red sorrel leaves use only 1 lemon size tamarind .