Tuesday, September 9, 2008
- In a bowl take 1 glass of urad dal , 3 glasses of raw rice , 1/2 tspn fenugreek seeds . Wash them nicely and pour sufficient water and soak them for 6 hours .
- After that drain the water and grind it . U can grind it in mixcy or in wet grinder. In last 5 mins add 2 tspns of salt ( tata salt) . Dont add too much of water it should be bit thick .
- Take ur grinded batter in a bowl . Ferment this for 8 hrs .
- with this ur batter is ready to use.
- After 8 hrs u can put the bowl in freeze and when u need it u can use it .
For Dosa :-
- When u want to make dosas take required amount of batter in a bowl and add suffficient amount of water to it to get the right consistency . Mix well . Put ur rest of the thick batter back in freeze . We can make gunta ponganalu , mysore bajji , egg dosa , etc.........
- Heat the griddle add a tspn of oil and using onion half just spread the oil all over in circular motion .
- Pour 1 laddle ful of batter and spread it circularly .
- Pour 1/2 tspn of oil around the corners .
- When 1 side is roasted reverse it . After a min u can takeout the dosa in to plate .
- Normally we like to have it with ulli karam and ghee.
Labels: BREAK FAST