Friday, September 5, 2008
- Soak 1/4 th cup of bengal gram in sufficient water for 30 mins .
- Take 1/4 th of a small bottle gourd . Chop it into pieces .
- Chop 1 onion , 1 tomato and 2 green chillies.
- Take a bowl in that add chopped bottle gourd , onion , tomato ,green chillies . Add soaked bengal gram , 1/2 tspn chilly powder , 1/2 tspn coriander powder , pinch of turmeric , 1/4 tspn ginger garlic paste , salt , 1 strig of curry leaves , little asafoetida and add little amount of water. Mix all nicely.
- Put this bowl in cooker and boil it for 3 whistles and 5 mins on sim.
- When pressure goes off takeout that bowl.
- Heat a pan add 2 tspns oil . When oil is heated add 1 dry red chilly , 1/4 tspn cumin seeds , 1/4 tspn mustard seeds , 1 strig of curry leaves .
- In that add boiled bottle gourd mixture.
- Fry it nicely till all the liquid evaporates.
- Finally add 2 tspns of fresh / dry coconut and 5 strigs of coriander leaves.
- Switchoff stove and put lid .
- Hot & yummy bottle gourd curry is ready to serve with rice / rotis.