Friday, September 5, 2008
- Chop 5-6 small okras into round pieces . Chop 1small onion and 1 small tomato.
- Soak blue berry size tamarind in sufficient water for 15 mins . Extract its juice .
- Take a bowl add tamarind extract , chopped okras , onion and tomato . Add 1 tumbler water ( 1 tumbler = 250 gms rice quantity should fit in it) , pinch of turmeric , marble size jaggery , 1 tspn salt , 1 strig of curry leaves , 2 strigs of coriander leaves and 1 tspn ofrasam powder. Mix all nicely.
- Now put this bowl on stove and boil it nicely till bhendi becomes soft. ( it takes nearly 20 mins)
- In another pan we need to do thadka for that add 2tspns oil . when it is heated add 1/4 tspn urad dal , 1 dry red chilly , 2 crushed garlic pods , 1/4 tspn cumin seeds , 1/4 tspn mustard seeds , add pinch of fenugreek powder , sprinkle little hing and add 2 strigs of curry leaves.
- After a min add this seasoning to rasam. Mix it and serve hot.
- This goes good with rice.