Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Staying in Chennai is an added advantage to me bcoz i am learning lot no.of tamilian recipes . One of this is Kala chana kolambu. "kolambu" means its a gravy or any liquid kind of dish . If we want we can add little more water to get sambar consistency. In anyway we can do this.
- Take Handful of kala chana and clean them. Pour Sufficient water and soak it overnight.
- In the morning boil chana along with water and pinch of salt and 1 small potato in cooker for 4 whistles .
- Take a Small lemon sized tamarind and soak it in water.
- Grind together Small piece of coconut and fennel seeds.
- Chop 1 onion , 1 green chilly , 1 Tomato , Boiled potato, 1 Brinjal and 1 Drumstick.
- Heat a pan Add 1 tbspn oil , Add 2 cloves , 1 cinnamon stick , 1/4 tspn fennel seed powder , Chopped Green chilly , hing , Curry leaves , When they splutter add chopped onion.
- Fry it nicely and add chopped brinjal , drumstick pieces. Add little salt .
- When they r half done add chopped tomato and boiled potato pieces.
- Add required amount of salt , chilly powder , turmeric , coriander powder , grinded paste , Tamarind juice , Little bit of jaggery and Boiled chana.
- Let this boil nicely. Add required amount of water according to ur desired consistency.
- Let this boil fully . Add Coriander leaves.
- Switchoff stove and sere hot with rice.
Plz Leave Ur Comment And Rate My Recipe.
Thank U For Visiting My Blog,