Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Chamaku potlalu / Taro leaves Packets Can be prepared in varied recipes . This time when i went to my inlaws home we enjoyed this recipe.
This is our Back yard . We have lot no.of Taro leaves awaiting for us. Nice to See kada.........
This is the Individual leaf.
- Grind together green chillies , onions , coconut , ginger and garlic to a fine paste.
- Take sufficient amount of besan flour/ bengal gram flour , Add salt and mix the grinded paste . Add little amount of water and prepare it like pakodi batter consistency.
- Pluck Taro leaves Wash them nicely and pat dry them.
- Take a scissor and cut the starting of the stem at the back side of each Leaf.
- Take one leaf and in center put sufficient amount of besan mixture and and pat it uniformly.
- Now start folding the leaf . It should exactly resemble like a packet (potlam) . Anyway Here is the process of folding in 4 different steps. If u r not sure of folding perfect packet then just fold them and tie a thread.
- Do the similar process for all the leaves and set aside.
- Heat a pan /bowl(better use a nonstick pan) add nearly 3 tbsps oil and do seasoning by adding 1 tspn urad dal , 3 dry red chillies , 1 tspn chana dal , 1/4 tspn cumin seeds , 1/4tspn mustard seeds.
- Add ur folded packets carefully . dont stir them using spoon just make the bowl up and down. Put a lid.
- stir them in between also.
- How to know whether they r perfectly cooked or not is a question? for that takeout a packet and check below two things
1. The outer layer Should turn black .
2. The inner layer i.e , besan mixture should turn golden brown.
- If they r done then take them into a serving bowl.
- This goes good with plain rice / sambar.
Plz Leave Ur Comment And Rate My recipe.
Thank U For Visiting My Blog,
Labels: DEEP FRIED VEGGIES