Wednesday, August 27, 2008
- Take 3 eggs and hard boil them . Remove its shell and put vertical slits like this.
- While eggs r boiling wash 1 glass of basmati rice (1/4 kg) and pour sufficient water.
- Take 2 medium sized onions , chop them add 2 tspns corn flour and deep fry them in oil till golden colour.
- Take 1/4 cup warm milk and add pinch of saffron strands . Rub it nicely.
- Now take a bowl add hard boiled eggs , 4 chopped green chillies , 15- 20 mint leaves , 10 strigs of coriander leaves , 1 tspn ginger garlic paste , 1/4 tspn pepper powder , 1/4 tspn shajeera / black cumin , 1/2 tspn chilly powder , 1/4 tspn turmeric , 3/4 tspn salt , 1/2 tspn cumin powder , 1/2 tspn coriander powder, 2 bay leaves , javitri , 5 cardamoms , 5 cloves , 1" stick cinnamon pieces -2 ,1/2tspn garam masala powder, half of fried onions , 2 tbspns oil ( u can use onion fried oil ). Mix all nicely.
- Now add 1/2 cup curd to the above mixture . Mix nicely and marinate this mixture for 30 mins.
- In this mean time we need to cook rice. For this take a big bowl add 4 glasses of water , add 2 cloves , 2 cardamoms , cinnamon stick , 1/4 tspn shajeera , 2 tspns oil. Boil this water nicely . When it is boiling add strained rice . Cook till 70% done and strain the rice.
- Now take a cooker like thick material add marinated egg mixture and adjust it uniformly.
- The 2nd layer should be half of the cooked rice . Adjust it uniformly.
- On rice add few fried onions , few mint and coriander leaves . If u want to increase the masala flavour , in a small bowl take 1/2 tspn garam masala powder and add 5 tspns water . Pour1/2 of this water on rice .
- Now for the next layer again add remaining half of rice.
- Again on top of rice add fried onions , mint leaves , coriander leaves ,remaining masala liquid and pour saffron milk.
- Put some exactly fitting lid . If u have any doubt u can put a dough around the radius or tie a wet kitchen towel . On top of it putsome heavy weight ( u can put dosa pan) . This step is to ensure vapour not going out.
- Put this cooker/ heavy bottomed vessel on stove in very low flame .
- May be after 15-20 mins u get nice aromatic biryani smell. After 2 mins Switchoff the stove.
- Open the lid after 5 mins. Carefully mix from the bottom.
- Hot hot aromatic Hyderabadi Egg Biryani is Ready to Serve with Mirchi Ka salan / Bagara Baingan.
Plz Leave Ur comment And Rate My Recipe.
Thank U For Visiting My Blog,
Labels: RICE DISHES