Thursday, June 12, 2008
SERVES : 2 ADULTS
INGREDIENTS REQUIRED :-
Rice : 1/4 kg
lemon : 2 big
salt : 2 tspns
oil : 1/2 tspn
turmeric : 1/2 tspn
FOR SEASONING :-
Oil : 1 tbspn
urad dal : 2 tspns
ground nuts / peanuts : 1/2 a handful
dry red chillies : 1
bengal gram : 1 tbspn
cumin seeds : 1/2 tspn
mustard seeds : 1/2 tspn
asafoetida / hing : sprinkle little
green chillies : 6
curry leaves : 4 strigs
- First pick ,wash and soak rice in just less than 2 glasses of water.
- To this add turmeric and 1/4 tspn salt and mix well . Now add 1/2 tspn oil and mix well. Put this aside for 20 mins.
- After 20 mins boil this rice either in cooker / electric rice cooker. When it is completed dont take out the lid for 10 mins. after 10 mins take the lid and cool the rice in a big bowl.
- Take a small bowl and add remaining salt and squeeze lime juice on salt and keep it aside.(this step is to avoid bitter taste.)
- Slit green chillies length wise .
- Now heat a pan , add oil . when it is heated do seasoning by adding all the ingredients under subtitle " FOR SEASONING " one after another and switchoff stove.
- By this time ur rice should get cooled.
- now add lime juice to rice and mix well. Add seasoning to rice and mix well.
- Put it aside for 10 mins .
- Serve tasty & sour nimmakaya pulihora / lemon rice.
PLEASE LEAVE UR COMMENT AND RATE MY RECIPE.......
THANK U FOR VISITING MY BLOG,
Labels: RICE DISHES