Wednesday, May 7, 2008
serves : 3 -4 adults
INGREDIENTS REQUIRED :
Toor dal : 1 small tea glass
Green chillies :5
Oil : 2 tspns
urad dal , dry red chilly , cumin seeds , mustard seeds :1 tspn
Garlic cloves :4
methi leaves : 1 small bunch
salt : 1 & 1/2 tspn
Turmeric : 1/4 tspn
coriander leaves : 3 strigs
lemon : 1/2
- First soak toor dal in enough water for 15 mins . Take a bowl and add chopped onions and green chillies . Boil dal and onions in cooker.
- Heat a pan add oil , urad da ,dry red chilly , cumin seeds, mustard seeds , crushed garlic cloves , methi leaves and curry leaves
- After methi leaves are fully fried add boiled green chillies & onions.
- After 2 mins add cooked dal and pour water required as per ur consistency. Add salt , turmeric and coriander leaves .
- Boil dal for 5 mins . Switch off the stove .
- After 2 mins squeeze 1/2 lemon juice on dal and mix well. (if u add lime juice when dal is hot dal turns bitter).
- Ur tasty and sour nimakaya pappu is ready to serve with rice and ghee.
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND RATE MY RECIPE FOR A SCALE OF 10 .
THANK U FOR VISITING MY BLOG,