Monday, May 5, 2008
I am very fond of pickles. But i dont like to have a single pickle for days together. So wat i do is i will prepare weekley 1 variety pickle ( cauliflower pickle , tomato pickle , cucumber pickle ......). so i enjoy pickles like this. For this purpose i will put little little quantity.
INGREDIENTS REQUIRED :
Drumsticks : 2 big
oil : 1 & 1/2 cup
garlic cloves : 8
SET 1 :-
chilly powder : 2 tspns
salt : 2 tspns
fenugreek powder : 1 tspn
mustard seeds powder : 1 tspn
turmeric : 1/4 tspn
- First wash drumsticks and dry them , cut them into finger size pieces. see that it is fully dried.
- Take a bowl and add all the powders under set 1.
- Heat a pan add oil sufficient for ur pickle , nearly 1/2 cup.
- Add chopped drumsticks and fry well. It takes nearly 8 mins to boil fully.
- So just before it is getting boiled fully add crushed garlic and fry well.
- Switch off the stove and after 5 mins pour ur mixed powders on it.
Take a bowl add 1 cup of oil and heat it . when it cools add it to pickle .( if we add this much of quantity before hand it gives trouble while frying drumstick.)
- When it is fully cooled mix well and add lemon juice . Put it in a dry container.
- After 1/2 day it will be good. This will be good for 1 week. Better to store it in freeze if u r doing large quantity.