Saturday, May 17, 2008
INGREDIENTS REQUIRED :-
FOR CURRY :-
carrot : 1
cauliflower : few pieces
green peas : 1/2 cup
curd : 1/2 cup
green chillies : 7
dry fried poppy seeds : 2 tspns
coriander seeds : 1 & 1/ 2 tspns
whole garam masalas :
cloves :3, cardamoms :3 , cinnamon stick : 1 inch piece.
cumin seeds : 1/2 tspn
onions : 2
coconut : 1/4 of a coconut
cashews : 4
ginger : 1 inch
garlic pods :8
mint leaves :15
coriander leaves : 5 strigs
turmeric : little
salt : 1/2 tspn
FOR RICE :-
basmati rice :1 glass
water : 4 glasses
bay leaves :4
cinnamon stick : 2 inch piece
black peppers :6
salt : 1/2 tspn.
FOR DECORATION :-
lemon juice : 2 tspns
- deep fry onions and capsicum pieces for decoration.
- First grind all ingredients under sub title 'grind'.
- Chop all the vegetables and Half boil them except tomato and keep aside.
- Heat a pan add 2 tbspns oil and add green chillies . when it is fried add 1 chopped onion and when it is done add grinded paste and fry for a min .
- Now add half boiled vegetables and mix well. Fry till they r perfectly cooked.Now add chopped tomato and fry well.
- Finally add 1/2 cup curd and fry till water evaporates.
- With this ur curry is finished. now let us see the preparation of rice.
- Take a big vessel and add 4 glasses water and add all ingredients under sub title " FOR RICE" except rice. Now boil this water . mean while wash basmati rice and strain water.
- When water boils fully add strained rice and cook till half done . It takes nearly 5 mins. Now switch off the stove and strain water and cool the rice in a plate . To this rice add 1&1/2 tspns salt and mix well.
- with this ur rice preparation is also completed.
- Now take a thick bottomed vessel and greese it with oil .
- In that bowl add 1/4 th of the cooked rice and spread well.(layer 1)
- On top of it spread 1/4 th of curry(layer 2)
- On top of it add deep fried onions and capsicum pieces and sprinkle 1/2 tspn lemon juice.
- Now repeat the layers again till everything is finished. On top layer add 1 tbspns oil .
- Finally sprinkle yellow or red food colour mixed in little milk.
- Put a lid on it and put this bowl on stove .
- put it on low flame for 10 mins that is till rice is fully cooked and switchoff the stove. serve after 10 mins.
- After 10 mins mix well and serve.
- ur tasty handi biryani is ready to serve with mirchi ka salan , raitha and onion salad
PLEASE LEAVE UR COMMENT AND RATE MY RECIPE FOR A SCALE OF 10.
THANK U FOR VISITING MY BLOG,
Labels: RICE DISHES