Tuesday, April 15, 2008
This recipe is for the one who doesnt like tomato skin or pieces while eating rasam.
Tomatoes : 2
Tamarind : 2 cloves/1/2 lemon size.
water : 1 tumbler/250ml.
oil : 2tspn
urad dal,cumin seeds,mustard seeds : altogether 1/2 tspn(for seasoning)
red chilly : 1
fenugreek seeds powder : a pinch
garlic cloves : 2
asafoetida : little
jaggery : little
salt : 1tspn
turmeric: 1/4 tspn
home made rasam powder :1tspn
coriander leaves : 2 or 3 strings
- first chop tomatoes into cubes.in a bowl take 1 glassfull of water.To it add chopped tomatoes and tamarind and boil it for 15-20mins.
- after it gets cooled squeez the tomato rasam with hands and throw the pulp.
- Heat a bowl and pour 2tspn oil,urad dal,red chilly,cumin seeds,mustard seeds, garlic cloves, fenugreek seeds powder,asafoetida,curry leaves.
- Now add squeezed tomato rasam to the above seasoning. add 1tspn salt, jaggery,turmeric,1tspn home made rasam powder,coriander leaves.
- Boil it for 10 mins ur tasty rasam is ready to have with hot hot rice.
PLEASE COMMENT AND RATE THIS RECIPE............