Monday, April 14, 2008
home made rasam powder:1tspn
fenugreek powder/methi seeds powder:A pinch
urad dal,cuminseeds,mustard seeds:altogether 1/4tspn
dry red chilly:1
curryleaves: 10 leaves
jaggery: marble size piece
water :1 glass full/250 ml
coriander leaves:4 strings.
- first wash tamarind and soak it in water atleast 15mins before doing rasam.
- Heat a thick bottomed bowl and pour 1tspn oil,urad dal,red chilly,cuminseeds,mustard seeds,as they splutter add a pinch of methi seeds powder and asafoetida,then add crushed garlic cloves,curry leaves.
- immediately add chopped tomatoes,salt 1tspn,jaggery,tamarind pulp.
- let tomatoes become mushy.
- When tomatoes get fully boiled add water.
- After water starts boiling let it boil for 5 mins and then add home made rasam powder and coriander leaves.
- Finally let it boil for 5-10 mins and then switch off the stove.Serve with hot hot rice.