Tuesday, April 15, 2008
I learned this dish from my neighbour. its very tasty and simple.
Thick Aval/ Atukulu : 250gms
potato : 1
onion : 2 medium sized
urad dal, cumin seeds,mustard seeds : altogether 1/2 tspn (for seasoning)
dry red chilly: 2
green chillies : 3 big
asafoetida : little
salt: as per ur taste
freshly grated coconut: 1cup
coriander leaves : 1/2 bunch
curry leaves :15
oil : 1 tbspn
- Chop onions length wise, potatoes into small cubes, split greenchillies lengthwise.
- Take a large bowl and fill it with water in it pour atukulu and wash them and squeez them with hands such that no water remains in atukulu/aval.
- heat a deep frying pan and heat 1tspn oil and to that add potato. add a pinch of salt.fry till it is done. now take them out .
- in the same pan add remaining oil,urad dal,cumin seeds,mustard seeds, dry red chilly, green chillies, asafoetida, curryleaves.
- after seasoning is completed add onions, after it is completely cooked add fried potatoes.
- after 2 mins add washed and squeezed atukulu/ aval. add required salt.put it till atukulu are heated up.Add coriander leaves.
- Just before switching off the stove add grated fresh coconut. fresh coconut gives a very good taste to this dish.
PLEASE COMMENT AND RATE THIS RECIPE............
Labels: BREAK FAST