Tuesday, April 15, 2008
When u feel bore to have regular break fast or dinner ,try this recipe. I learned this from ZEE TELUGU " mee inti vanta".
INGREDIENTS REQUIRED :
wheat flour/chapathi flour : 1/2 glass or 125gms
rice flour : 1/2 glass or 125gms
grated carrot : 2 carrots
green chillies : 2
soaked bengal gram :1/4 of a handfull
roasted and soaked peanuts : 1/4 of a handfull
chilly powder : 1/4 tspn
oil : 3tbspn
coriander leaves : 1/2 bunch
curry leaves : 15
ginger garlic paste : 1/4 tspn
- First soak bengal gram in enough water,dry fry peanuts/ground nuts and peel their skin and soak them in enough water.
- chop onions finely,grate carrot,in a mixer grind greenchillies and salt.
- Now take a bowl and mix wheat flour/atta and rice flour,grinded chilly paste, grated carrot , soaked bengal gram , soaked ground nuts, chilly powder , 1tspn oil ,chopped coriander leaves , chopped curry leaves,chopped onions and ginger garlic paste.
- Mix them well and add enough water so as to get a chapathi dough.
- after half anhour again mix the dough and make small balls. Take a milk packet or any cotton cloth and on it put the ball and make as small roti with hands.
- since dough is hard enough to make roti wat u need to do is in a small bowl take water and wet ur hands then start pressing the ball to get small roti. donot wet with more water ,since u maynot take them out to fry.
- now heat a dosa /roti pan and pour 1/2 tspn oil. after it gets heated take out this rotis and put on the pan. At a time u can fry 3 rotis.
- around each roti pour oil just like dosa. donot put flame on high. put it on medium high.
- Reverse them and fry again.
- ur colourful thali masala rotis are ready to serve with any pickle.
PLEASE COMMENT AND RATE THIS RECIPE............
Labels: BREAK FAST