Tuesday, April 15, 2008
In rayalaseema this recipe is named as miriyala charu / pepper rasam
Where as in telangana regions it is called as neela charu.
anyway we r going to see this recipe.
INGREDIENTS REQUIRED :
black peppers / miriyalu : 15
dry red chillies :2
corioander seeds : 1 tspns
cumin seeds : 1 /2 tspn
tamarind : 2 or 3 cloves
garlic cloves :4
salt : 1tspn
jaggery : little
turmeric : 1/4 tspn
curry leaves : 15
coriander leaves : 4 strings
water : 1 tumbler / 250ml
toordal : 1tspn
- first soak tamarind in water . after 10 mins takeout the pulp .
- in a pan add little oil and fry peppers, toordal, dry red chillies , cumin seeds, coriander seeds,garlic cloves, if u like u can add little bit of ginger piece, curry leaves.
- Take them into mixcy and grind them.
- in a bowl take tamarind pulp .To this add 250ml water,grinded paste, salt , turmeric , jaggery , coriander leaves.
- Put this bowl on flame and boil for 15-20 mins.
- ur spicy pepper rasam / miriyala charu is ready to take with rice.
- Best combination is to have it with dal / mudda pappu.
PLEASE COMMENT AND RATE THIS RECIPE............