Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Semiya : 1 1/2 tumbler(1 tumbler = 250ml)
lemon : 1 big
salt : 1 1/2 tspn
turmeric : 1/2 tspn
ground nuts : 2 tbspn
bengal gram : 2 tbspn
urad dal : 1tbspn
cumin seeds : 1tspn
mustard seeds : 1/2 tspn
red chilly :2
curry leaves : 5 strings
fenugreek powder : little
asafoetida : a pinch
- First cut lemon into two pieces horizontally. In a bowl take 1 1/4 tspn salt and init squeeze lemon juice (this process is to avoid bitter taste of lemon)
- heat a pan and pour 3/4 tbspn oil and add urad dal, bengal gram, groundnuts .after 1min add cumin seeds,mustard seeds,dry red chilly, fenugreek seeds powder , asafoetida, green chillies.dont fry dals too much before adding greenchillies since after adding greenchillies it takes 3 mins to get fully fried in that time dals may get over roasted.finally add curryleaves and switchoff the stove.
- after above 2 points has completed now take a big bowl and add plenty of water and boil it. when it starts boiling add 1/4tspn salt,turmeric and oil.after a min add semiya. when semiya gets boiled switch off and strain it.(semiya takes 3 mins to get boiled).
- after straining pour plenty of cool water on it to avoid sticking.
- after straining within 5-10 mins take a bowl and add strained semiya.donot dry it for long time as how we do lemon rice. now immediately add squeezed lemon juice and seasoning and mix well. if u like u can add chopped coriander .
- after 15 mins u can have ur semiya pulihora.
- if u feel that adding turmeric in boiling water may cause stains to bowl then u can add turmeric in seasoning itself.
PLEASE COMMENT AND RATE THIS RECIPE............
Labels: BREAK FAST