Wednesday, April 16, 2008
I love this curry very much and i like to do it in traditional way using german silver bowl.
SERVINGS : 2 ADULTS
Drumsticks : 2 large
onions : 4 medium size
oil : 1 tbspn
cumin seeds, : altogether 1/2 tspn(for seasoning)
dry red chilly :1
methi powder : pinch
asafoetida : little
curry leaves :10
salt ,chillypowder, turmeric : as per ur tate
coriander leaves : 1/2 a handful
- Wash drumsticks and cut them into finger size. 1 big drumstick should give 8 -9 pieces.chop onions and tomato.
- heat a bowl and add oil, urad dal, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, dry red chilly, methi powder, asafoetida, curry leaves.
- Add onions, after 2 mins add drumstick pieces and put a bowl filled with little water on curry bowl ( aviri mutha) so that curry cooks soon and uniformly.
- after 5 mins add little salt so that it cooks well.
- when drumsticks turn their colour from green to brownish shade then add tomato.
- after tomato is cooked add salt, chilly powder, turmeric and chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well and after 5 mins off the stove. Now ur mouth watering drumstick curry is ready for u to serve with rice.
1. ALL THE TASTE OF CURRY IS DUE TO ONIONS. SO U CAN ADD MORE ONIONS FOR GOOD TASTE.
2. THIS CURRY REQUIRES LESS CHILLY POWDER ONLY. DONT ADD MORE.
PLEASE COMMENT AND RATE THIS RECIPE............