Wednesday, April 16, 2008
summer came back with hot hot weather. Here in india we r getting raw mangoes. Again we started thinking about all the recipes that can be prepared out of raw mangoes. Today i made this chutney as a good combination for rice and a drop of ghee.
Mango - 1/2 mango ( if it is sour mango) better adjust according to sourness of ur mango
coconut - same quantity as of mango
oil - 2tspns
urad dal- 1tspn
fenugreek seeds - 1tspn
bengal gram - 1tspn
dry red chillies - 6
coriander seeds - 1tspn
cumin seeds ,mustard seeds- 1/2 tspn
garlic cloves - 3
salt - as per ur taste
coriander leaves - 1/2 bunch
- First wash mango and peel its skin and cut into small cubes. same quantity take fresh coconut and cut into pieces.
- Heat a pan and add 1tspn oil and fry urad dal, fenugreeksedds, bengal gram,after they r fried add dry red chillies , coriander seeds, cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- In mixcy grind above fried ingredients along with salt.
- After it is grinded add coconut and mango pieces .
- after it is grinded add garlic cloves and coriander leaves and again grind it.
- if wanted put seasoning in 1tspn oil adding asafoetida and curry leaves . add this to chutney and mix well.
- Now ur spicy & sour mango -coconut chutney is ready to serve with hot rice and a drop of ghee.
PLEASE COMMENT AND RATE THIS RECIPE............