Thursday, April 17, 2008
moong dal / pesarapappu : 1 small glass
green chillies : 2
ginger : 1 inch piece
garlic cloves : 4
curry leaves : 10
cumin seeds, mustard seeds, urad da l: altogether 1/2 tspn
oil : 1tspn
lemon : 1/2 a big lemon
turmeric : 1/4 tspn
coriander leaves : 5 strings
water : 250ml / 1 tumbler
jaggery : little
- First wash moongdal and pour water and soak it for 10mins and boil it in cooker for 4 whistles.
- peel the skin of ginger and garlic. grind ginger or if u can eat pieces then chop ginger into small pieces. chop garlic cloves into small pieces.
- slit green chillies lengthwise into two.
- heat a pan add oil, urad dal, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, chopped ginger, chopped garlic, greenchillies, curry leaves.
- now add 1/2 tumbler water and then add boiled moongdal. now add remaining 1/2 tumbler water.
- add 1tspn salt, little jaggery, turmeric, coriander leaves. boil it for 10-15 mins.
- after 15mins has completed switch off stove and after 5mins add 1/2 piece of squeezed lemon juice. ( dont add lemon juice while it is on stove it gives bitter taste).
- ur tasty pesarakattu is ready to serve with rice.
PLEASE COMMENT AND RATE THIS RECIPE............